<VV>Vapor Lock

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Aug 11 16:04:42 EDT 2005

At 11:18 hours 08/10/2005, Padgett wrote:
>Think whether you could run on diesel would depend a lot on the
>compression ratio, since it was mentioned at an antique show the
>person may have been talking about 5 or 6:1. Wouldn't be surprised
>back in the daze of A and C rations if it wasn't common to extend a
>gasoline ration with heating oil or kerosine.
>
>Isn't the Army version of the Hummer designed to be multifuel ?

They currently have been configured to run on jet fuel JP5 aka
kerosene so the military doesn't have to stock multiple types of
fuels, thus any tank truck could fuel any US military vehicle
regardless of whether it rolled, trundled, flew, leaped or
crawled.   Likewise the trucks and other vehicles including armored
stuff like infantry assault vehicles and tanks, all of which run on
kerosene.    I don't think it takes much to make a diesel run on kerosene.

By the way, a Vair doesn't run worth a dang on kerosene.

tony..