<VV> RE:unusual oil leak

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 13:21:40 EDT 2005

 I posted an unusual oil leak about 2 weeks ago and got lots of
the leak is now gone! I am assuming that either some sealed up
(unlikely) or there was some amount of oil remaining in the area that
just blew out when the car was driven (more air pressure).

 I did check the top shroud by removing the spark plugs and carefully
probing inside the shroud with an appropriate finger looking for any
evidence of an oil leak. It was spotless. Now that I have the new Delco
Pleasurizers on the back and a full wheel alignment, it really feels
good on the road. Currently running 93 octane with no vacuum advance and
no ping. I'll eventually try to wean it down to 91 octane and vacuum
advance.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS