<VV>Vapor Lock

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Thu Aug 11 13:54:55 EDT 2005

>>Isn't the Army version of the Hummer designed to be multifuel ?
>

> They currently have been configured to run on jet fuel JP5 aka kerosene so
> the military doesn't have to stock multiple types of fuels, thus any tank
> truck could fuel any US military vehicle regardless of whether it rolled,
> trundled, flew, leaped or crawled.   Likewise the trucks and other
> vehicles including armored stuff like infantry assault vehicles and tanks,
> all of which run on kerosene.    I don't think it takes much to make a
> diesel run on kerosene.
>
> By the way, a Vair doesn't run worth a dang on kerosene.
>

> tony..
When I got out, 10 years ago, only the largest trailer-mounted generators
that we had were diesel-powered.  The smaller ones, up to 5KW, maybe even
10KW, were gas-powered.  I saw that as one reason for the replacement of the
M151-series jeep was to get rid of gas powered vehicles in favor of
diesel-powered.  I really liked the jeep but was impressed with some of the
Humvee's abilities.
Mike Ioanes