FW: <VV> Gas tank

kovacsmj kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 11 14:52:22 EDT 2005

-----Original Message----- To: 'J R Read_HML'
Subject: RE: <VV> Gas tank
From: kovacsmj [mailto:kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:48 PM

 If you opt to take the tank out, you gotta drain it first. Best first
with a siphon hose, then the remainder through the rubber hose on the
bottom of the tank. There is NO need to remove the sender, but if you
do, wait till you have the tank out. Then using a screwdriver or drift
pin and a hammer rotate the sender retainer slowly alternating the angle
and apply the force.

 The rubber grommet does come out as described with soap/WD40 etc. Apply
liberally and push one edge in and with a suitable screwdriver/drif/wood
dowel. Drive the grommet IN.

 We'll assume you understand the dangers of volatile gasoline and sparks
etc. You also gotta get the front up HIGH, and have the sway bar pivoted
out of the way. I just did this several months ago. Best also to have a
replacement hose and clamps from Clarks etc., as the hose is not a
standard size most FLAPS carry.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS