<VV>Vapor Lock

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 11 15:36:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/11/2005 1:08:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tonyu at roava.net writes:
 snip  <<thus any tank truck could fuel any US military vehicle
regardless of whether it rolled, trundled, flew, leaped or
crawled.   Likewise the trucks and other vehicles including armored
stuff like infantry assault vehicles and tanks, all of which run on
kerosene. >>
About 3 years ago when I worked at the Chevy Dealership we had a carrier come
in loaded with trucks, delivering 3 of the 7 onboard there and taking the
rest to Lexington, Ky... there were 2 OD Green trucks, K3500 with black out
lights, wooden benches in the beds, and no bright trim anywhere... I ran the VIN to
see if I could get a paint code for the flat green, but it was shipped out
"primer"... no paint code listed. It also said it was for IMPORT and if I
remember correctly it had the new (at that time) Allison automatic... I got a kick
out of all the options it "didn't have", as far as "deleted" normal things...
trim, grille, bumpers and such...
I wish I could find that sheet I printed that day... it was really cool...
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, someday will be a camper
1963 Greenbrier 4spd. that I really ought to sell
1964 700 sedan 95/pg, semi-daily driver status (only when I drive somewhere)