<VV> Q: What's the opposite of a turn signal cancel problem?

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu Aug 11 16:41:31 EDT 2005

A: The problem that I have.

My 65 Monza steering wheel is developing a new problem whereby the turn
signal will not stay illuminated.  The steering wheel is
non-telescoping, but has wood wheel hub (if that matters).

When I turn on the blinker as normal, the relay will click, but nothing
blinks.  If I apply gentle pressure to the signal lever, the the lights
will blink (this allows me to operate the car safely...for the moment).
The turn signal cancel is working correctly because after making a turn,
the signal lever returns to the off position.

What things should I be looking for?  I just priced a turn signal switch
at one of the vendors, and they wanted $65 for a new one.  Given this
cost, I thought I would ask for this group's advice before embarking on
a "replace things until it works" project.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Steven J. Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible
'66 Corsa Coupe