<VV> After the Electric Fan -- where do we go next?

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Fri Aug 12 11:46:47 EDT 2005

Oh my god, what will happen if the electric fan proves to be a viable
alternative?  We will lose one of our most common controversies.  We will
have one less thing to argue about on the list.

Before you know it, somebody will invent:

-A new way of adjusting valves (neither hot nor cold, but using a program on
their PC and an electric drill, no doubt).

-An entirely new type of fuel pump (neither mechanical nor electric, but
something NASA designed for the Space Shuttle).

-A new Master Brake Cylinder with NO reservoir, thus eliminating the
controversy between single and dual reservoir systems

-A way of blending Early and Late model Corvairs into something we can all
agree on.

-A new e-mail program that automatically slaps somebody if they dare to ask
a question that is answered in the "Basics" manual and pinches you if you
respond "me too" or "stop that" to an off-topic post.

-A completely new 140hp cylinder head that will never drop valve seats

What will we do for entertainment?

Up next: water-jacketing the Corvair engine and converting it to
water-cooling.  News at 11.

Bill Hubbell