<VV> Corvair Body Specification Question

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Aug 12 16:32:44 EDT 2005

At 08:29 hours 08/12/2005, scott morehead wrote:

>Is the Corvair considered a GM "A" body style vehicle.  Does anyone
>know the definition and what other GM cars are also considered "A"
>bodies.  thanks in advance.

Wasn't the Vair platform referred to as a Z-body...?    Seems that's
what I was told a while back.     Currently, the Z-body is allocated
to Saturn... and I've heard some people say the Vair was a Y-body,
but the Corvette was a Y-body then (still is, I think)...  go figger.

GMs A-body cars were the Chevelle, Cutlass, Special, Tempest etc.

tony..