<VV> Re: Has anyone on the list BOUGHT Tom's cooling system (resubmitted)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 14:55:08 EDT 2005

Hi Crawford,

I agree that many topics are beat to death on VV only to be resurrected a few
weeks later to be beaten to death again.  This won't change but this wasn't
my issue.  I understand you may be tired of the subject and perhaps thought
banishing it to Fastvairs was a way to get rid of it.  My point is the topic is
appropriate for VV whether or not it is speed related or a belt flipping issue
or an economy issue.

I agree that the topic has become moot until somebody performs a test.  I
also agree with you, Bob and the others that theory dictates the electric fan may
not be up to the job in all situations the fan may see.  Perhaps it will not
perform effectively in any major role but I try to keep an open mind.  Here on
VV, I had my mind changed on alcohol as regards its energy content vs the
energy required to produce it.  Before being faced with what appeared to be facts
based on new methods, I felt that theory dictated that alcohol could not be
produced economically.  There are those who claim to be using the electric fan
technology successfully but can't present test data.  By all means, test the
sucker so that both sides of this issue can view the facts.

As far as the payback period of $600, that will be for the individual to
determine.  Yes, a few newbies will buy a few based only on marketing hype.  God
bless capitalism.  There is a long list of products that people buy for their
cars that other people argue are useless or at least not worth the cost.  Does
anybody want to discuss the merits of electric fuel pumps, painted push rod
tubes, finned oil pans and valve covers, synthetic oil, etc?

Rather than banish the topic to Fastvairs, lets continue the subject and tap
into the brain trust VV represents.  Lets concentrate the subject on a
properly designed test.  Some have said that 300 miles at one shot is too much.  I
agree that 300 miles may be more than we need in a given environment but that we
may need far more than 300 miles total in combinations of outside
temperature, engine type, inclined roadway, A/C or not, etc.  A few individuals expressed
interest in becoming guinea pigs.  Lets try to move this forward or let it
die.  Just let it move forward or die where it belongs .... on VV.

JMHO,

Doc