<VV> seats

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Aug 12 16:11:36 EDT 2005

Nothing really "bolts" in, but in several cars (including Corvairs) I've simply made adapter plates from Home Depot metal. Find seats that are close (most any
modern bucket), figure out what width of metal you need, but the metal at Home Depot, drill holes to fit the seat and holes to fit the car, use Grade 8
hardware to bolt the adapter plates to the seat thjen the Corvair hardware (or new Gr 8 hardware) for the frame to the floor, and as the Brits say, "Bob's your
uncle".

I particularly like the Recaro and Recaro-type seats from VW's, Audis, Mustangs, and Camaros, but Pep Boys (and several other chains) are selling new
inexpensive racing seats which might suit your needs... and most come with adaptable mounts.  From the price I've seen junkyards charge for decent
looking seats, this might be a better bet.

And Bob could still be your uncle. ;-)

Bill Elliott