<VV> Corvair powered Porsche 550 progress report

Scott Cable s2cable1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 01:01:55 EDT 2005

Vairheads;
It's been awhile since my last progress report so here goes:
Re assembled 95% of the VW transaxle, but will need to order some new parts to complete the rebuild:
1.) new clutch release arm and bushings
2.) new shifter housing bushing
3.) new input shaft seal
4.) new IRS diff housing and spider gears.
  Will need to re-disassemble the differential to install the IRS diff housing and re-set-up the ring gear/pinion gear clearance.  (I'm converting the rear suspension to IRS from swing axle).

The front end is complete now, along with a new dual master cyclinder installed along with all new steel brake lines.
Chassis is now hanging from the rafters of the garage to provide room to work!

Scott Cable
Jamestown, ND
s2cable1 at yahoo.com