<VV> Cutting thru painted sheetmetal?

Geoffrey A Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Sun Aug 14 04:06:17 EDT 2005

Hi Rick,
Two thoughts.  First a air nibbler.  Cuts through sheet metal like butter.
They are not expensive, and all you need is a proficient air compressor.
Other thought that may sound a bit wierd but has worked well for me is a
jewelers hand saw.  Can make incredibly clean precise fine cuts, and it
does cut pretty quickly. For those not familiar with what one of these
looks like it is kind of like a hacksaw with a very small blade  ~1mm
cross section.  I did the matching of the body panels on my 63 when I
replaced its fender this way.
HTH
Geoff Johnson