<VV> AC Oil Filters

sarahvair at juno.com sarahvair at juno.com
Sun Aug 14 17:06:53 EDT 2005

Today Central Florida Corvairs had our mid month in Mt. Dora Florida.  We met for lunch a 50's style dinner and then headed on over to a car show/swap meet.  Needless to say it was very hot and we decided to stand in the shade when we got a chance.  About 15 mins after standing in the shae we started talking to a vendor who was set up there.  One of your fellow VV members asked the vendor if he had any Corvair books and he said nope.  Only Corvair thing I have is that box of filters down there.  All of us looked down and there sat 23 AC Oil filters (blue) in a box.  The vendor said, I want $1 each.  Your fellow VV person said a $1?  Hell, I'll take the whole damn case.  He was quicker then me.  I was digging in my purse to SHOW the man my money.  Okay, your fellow VV member said that's okay Sarah, you can split it with me.  I said I won't be greedy, I'll take 5.
Your fellow VV member, Cecil Mills, got the other 18.
As for the show, out of 135 cars, Rick and I each got one of the top 25 awards.  Speaking of Rick, he just got his Corvair last week.  He bought my brother's (Billy Bruce) 65 Monza mid engine V6.

Sarah