GM's V-8 Corvair Re: <VV> Vair ball

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Sun Aug 14 19:31:29 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/7/05 10:19:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
strunkhill1 at comcast.net writes:
1965 - The normally aspirated Corsa comes out.

1966: Sales decline in light of Nader's book. Even the addition of a V-8
engine doesn't help.

1969: Corvair is discontinued after 1.78 million were built.

Sources: General Motors, Wikipedia
    Doesn't ANYBODY check these published reports BEFORE they are
published????  I guess my "ABnormally" aspirated Corsa was an anomaly.  And who knew they
had a V-8 engine in 1966.  If GM provided this information, then maybe
"somebody" at GM needs a lesson in GM history.
    Frank "long memory" Burkhard