<VV> Re: Thermisters (Now plug depth)

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 13:25:25 EDT 2005

Hello Craggie,

Thanks for the quick response.  The either / or use of the washer or
thermocouple makes sense.  Now my concern is how robust is the setup.  If you (or
someone who doesn't know to be gentle) cranks on the sparkplug while tightening
it, can damage be done to the thermocouple.  Also, what if the "tiny leads" get
damaged?  How expensive is a replacement?

I would also like to know if the gauge can be adapted to be installed in the
standard spot on the dash pod or must it be mounted elsewhere?  Lastly, can I
assume that two thermocouples can come into the gauge through the use of a
switch.  This would allow the user to monitor the temp in either head.  I seem to
recall someone talking about a system that would switch itself between two
inputs.  Is this part of the system we are discussing, part of a different
system or a faulty memory on my part?

Do you have a link to the manufacturer's website?

Thanks in advance.