<VV> 66 corsa turbo rebuiild PARTS- need advice please.

Patinacreme at aol.com Patinacreme at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 15:45:19 EDT 2005

OK guys,
I blew a piston and decided to do the rebuild myself.  This is my first car
to rebuild.  I have worked on motorcycles mainly.  I have bought the service
manual, "how to keep your corvair alive", and 'how to hotrod corvair engines."

each book and parts place has a slightly diffrent answer to which parts to
buy.

Hotrod = buy forged pistons
corvair alive = gm parts or clarks corvair
clarks says - hi tech cast pistons
clarks corvair = Keith Black pistons

I would like to soup up the engine but still drive on the road.
and I guess i need seals and a new cam shaft.
Ill bet there are a handfull of these as well.

And how about Big bore - what is the limit I should go for performance street.
.060?
Hotrod says 3 9/16ths -

and if I decide to go big bre and I going to have to machine the heads?

any suggestions guys?