<VV> Re: MaxMPG

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 07:12:09 EDT 2005

Or, use a pair of 1 bbl TBIs instead!!

In a message dated 8/15/2005 10:26:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bobquincy at mindspring.com writes:

Funny  you should mention that, I had a '91 Pontiac TransSport (as you know
but  most of VV probably doesn't) with a 3.1 with a nice 2-bbl TBI on it.  I
was looking at putting one of those TBI units on a center mount 4-bbl
adapter and believe it would have worked well.  It would still have  some of
the problems of center-mounts but at least the fuel delivery would  not be
dependent on the air velocity.

The 2-bbl TBI systems were  used on most of the 3.1 APVs and many 2.8 mini
trucks.  The cars  generally had port injection.

boB