Alternate fuels-was <VV> electronic corvair conversion

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Tue Aug 16 09:47:50 EDT 2005

> Flame suit on.
>
> What about alternative fuels.
>
> I work 3 miles from home.  Most of my shopping is done on the way home
> adding an extra mile...unless I need a trip to wally world.  The vairs are
> my best mileage vehicles, the orange car has been set very lean.
>
> Do any of the bio-fuel scams really work (veggie oil, methane, etc).
>
> Only need to produce 50 miles worth of fuel a week.
>
> Go ahead have your fun.
The easiset conversion, although it may not be THAT easy would be propane or
LNG.  Lots of forklifts run on it, our local utility company's vehicles are
set up for it.  Alan Wesson (lives in the UK) bought a Mitsubishi that runs
on it.  You'd need to know where you could "fill up", install a tank, lines
and carburetors.  I know no details, just generalities, but you seem the
ideal candidate.
Mike Ioanes