<VV> Re: Alternate fuels-corvair conversion

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Tue Aug 16 11:43:19 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/16/2005 7:52:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mioanes at woh.rr.com writes:

> The easiset conversion, although it may not be THAT easy would be propane
> or
> LNG.  Lots of forklifts run on it, our local utility company's vehicles are
> set up for it.  Alan Wesson (lives in the UK) bought a Mitsubishi that runs
> on it.  You'd need to know where you could "fill up", install a tank, lines
> and carburetors.  I know no details, just generalities, but you seem the
> ideal candidate.
> Mike Ioanes

BTDT!   when propane was $0.35@ gal.  and the conversion with dual IMPCO  425
cfm carbs was under $800.00!

Nowa DaZe...propane is $2.25 gal.....plus road taxes!  and the conversion is
well over $2500[?].....if you do it yourself!

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug