<VV> LM quick shift question (Corsa vs non Corsa shift tower)

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 10:45:24 EDT 2005

OK, I need some clarification about 65-69 shifters, Is there a different
shift tower for 65-66 Corsas (other than the fact they have the chrome
housing over them) or are they the same as other 4 speed shift towers in
regards to throw travel?

Question being, does the 65-66 4 speed Corsas have a faster throw than
the other 4 speed shifters?

Does the quick shift kit (as sold by vendors) work well on the 65-69 4
speed and/or does the 61-64 trick of using the 61-64 3 speed shift tower
on the 61-64 4 speed to get a shorter throw work with the 65-69 3 speed
on a 65-59 4 speed?

I would like to shorten the shift throw on my 66 Monza Turbo..

Rick Loving

PS.  For Bill Elliot, I remember how short your shift throw was for your
Corsa with quick shift kit installed...and how I couldn't find reverse
the first few times...