<VV> Motorcycle transplants?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Wed Aug 17 14:58:37 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Underwood" <tonyu at roava.net>

> I've kicked ideas around about constructing this sort of thing for a
> long time...  not real sure how I'd get it titled or
> registered.    Also not sure what to do about a differential but I'd
> think of something, more than likely.
> tony..
************
Hi, no sweat ... just copy one of our 1/8 gas powered r/c racers ....
sidewinder, uses either belts or massive drive gears, straight cuts ( noise
is good... ) .... diff ???   we run locked rear, a diff is slightly
imprecise ...   if we do need a diff ( tight course ) we use a ball diff,
very simple, but admittedly high maintenance .
The transmission output gears ( we only need 2 speeds, we tried 3, but no
more time to shift anyway ) .. the cars are QUICK ... is built on the end of
the clutch, and transfers output back to the driven transmission gears on a
middle shaft, so even the transmission is " sidewinder" .... but so are most
all front drive cars .... Northstar being an interesting thought ala Frank
Parker ....  anyway, the gears are big and constant engagement, so are
stronger than goat whiz ....

The rear disc brakes are also on the middle shaft, so the driving half
shafts to the wheels don[t carry the brake weight.  If we want to run 4WD,
the middle shaft also drives a long offset belt to a front shaft ...  I
would have to think about a real car where you would set next to a 5000 rpm
belt, tho ...

********
Titled and Registered ... well now, that might be just why God created Iowa
..  the title on one of my v8vairs reads "   IAxxxx "  heh heh, now that
it's titled, I guess it could be sold to anyone  ...  gotta friend in Iowa ?
... maybe South Dakota, ... and don't forget possibly Arkansas, land of
Clintonesque Efficiency  ....

Just thoughts,ken campbell, deltawerkes