<VV> replacing a three speed with a four speed

CORVAIR412 at aol.com CORVAIR412 at aol.com
Wed Aug 17 18:24:52 EDT 2005

I have a 1961 Monza coupe with a three speed and would like to replace  the
drive train with a 4 speed drive train. I have the cross member which is
attached to the transmission case of the four speed.  Clark's helps say I  also
need the large cross member.  Does that mean I  will have to  replace the whole
rear cross member?  Point me to a resource or to any  manual which would have
the information.  Thanks so much

                                                            Dick Tetzloff
Northern Minnesota