<VV> RE: quick shift question - Answers on shift towers

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 01:10:42 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/17/2005 6:59:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ral1963 at comcast.net writes:

How does  on tell the difference between the 65 3-speed tower and the
66-69 3-speed  tower? The car in question is my new 66 coupe (with has a
65 Turbo motor  and 65 trans)  I have a complete LM 3 speed tower
(unknown year)) in  my parts stash but wanted to make sure that the EM 3
speed tricked worked  with the LM like it did with the EM.

I'm sorry - I don't have a 66 3-speed tower. I have a 65 3-speed  tower and a
65-69 4-speed tower. The three speed casting (excluding all  hardware) is
exactly 2.75" tall. The four speed casting is 3/8" shorter at  2.375" - That, by
the way is also the distance of the fulcrum move. Not much,  but free and
"stock".

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette