<VV> Brake shoes

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Aug 18 08:35:25 EDT 2005

>They asked what type of  car, I replied "1965 Chevrolet Corvair," and then
>they asked if it was
> > turbo or not.

Most computer programs used to manage auto parts have dropdowns that
require make, model, year, and engine before displaying the parts. His
question was based on the choices in the dropdown and had nothing to do
with knowlege or lack thereof.

Try finding a parts lookup on http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm .

BTW, just because the computer says this is the part, does not mean it is
right but the counterman has no other resources to go by.

I usually also want to know what the friction range of the lining is (EE,
FE, FF...) but have to look on the brake shoe to find out.

Padgett