<VV> Re: Brake shoes

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 18 15:42:42 EDT 2005

Personally I wouldn't blame the  guy behind the counter as much as I
would blame the  writer of the software. I would expect that if you
don't answer ALL of the questions you won't get an answer. If the
software was written intelligently (by someone who was familiar with the
business the software was written for) it would ask what class od part
you were looking for (brakes, engine, steering, etc.) then start with
the make, model, etc. until it got the part narrowed down to a single
part or group of parts. It would not ask about things like engine unless
it was necessary to make the determination. An example would be oil
filter. The program should ask for MAKE "Chevrolet" > MODEL "Corvair" >
PF4 (all years, all engines, all body styles).

Mike Kost