<VV> Canadian vairs differences

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Fri Aug 19 00:36:21 EDT 2005

The main things are, as I recall:
-body colo(u)r trunk and engine compartment.
-different seatbelts by Dominion Auto Accessories.
-"Made in Canada" on many small parts, including regulator, wiper arms, ALL
decals on the car say "Printed in Canada" somewhere on them.
-no jacking sheet under trunklid. White sticker with red lettering on left
front fenderwell above jack, saying "for jacking instructions refer to
owner's manual".
-generator's red and white paper circle isn't red, it's green.
-no bowties on outside rearview mirrors.
-"GM" logo on things that would normally have a bowtie, like floormats,
tissue dispensers.
-tinted windows are rare on Canadian cars, as are options in general. Most
CDN cars came equipped typically with the higher hp engine, automatic,
padded dash, pushbutton radio, and maybe whitewall tires.
-most if not all CDN cars had 3.55:1 rear gears.
-Dominion Royal Safety 800s instead of US Royal Safety 800s.
-Canadian made bulbs and flasher units.
-Carpets, door panels and upholstery usually have tags underneath denoting
Canadian suppliers.
-a lot rarer.<G>

yea, Vairily ... Shaun
CDN '64 Spyder cvt.