<VV> Effect of Reduced Quench on Jet Size and Timimg

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Aug 19 23:51:23 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/19/2005 4:08:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Mikeamauro at aol.com writes:

> My next step--before
> venturing to .048 jets--is to reexamine the total advance curve (but I
> believe I'll
> find it acceptable. I've owned and worked on Corvairs since 1971 and I could
> do
> this stuff in my sleep (and have a few times); everything with the engine
> and
> car is spot on right. This one has me perplexed. I'm beginning to think the
> high stall converter is stealing more efficiency than first thought
*******
1  A stock convertor slips approx. 150 rpm......caculate or go to my website
/ tech papers /  gear ratios-tire height-  rpm at 60mph

2  What is "right"  for the timing advance curve?  The stock settings are 40
yrs old...gasoline has changed dramatically since then....

3  12 to 1 A/F  ratio is your problem.......lower your float levels......the
spec is  40 yrs old as well!   My  suggestion to use a regulator is to avoid
the possible "overpowering"  of the needle /  seat...it happens....

NOTE:  2 things that "sometimes"  go against the physics.....

A    Larger jetting sometimes improves MPG

B     Higher ratio differential sometimes improves mileage....

Best of luck!   and let us know what "curve"  you find......

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt