<VV> Ole Valve Guide Eater

vairologist at juno.com vairologist at juno.com
Sun Aug 21 03:35:47 EDT 2005

Smitty says:  Arrived at the home 20 about 4:30 this afternoon.All parts
still in place on the wagon but it is ill.  Had a bit of a miss when I
left KC which got worse by the mile.  Roadside trouble shooting indicated
it is a burned valve.  I decided yesterday I was through working on the
heap unless it absolutely stopped moving.  It never quit.  Just started
running on 5 cyls.  I'm not a dummy and I don't put myself through this
abuse for the attention.  Sometimes the crap just piles up higher than
one could reasonably expect.  Oh yeah,  Not only is the PG full of "Black
Death" where the oil should be, but it has now started chattering like a
slipping clutch at low speeds when down shifting under partial throttle.

        I haven't checked yet but I think both front wheels are still
rotating freely on good bearings.  See "everything" doesn't go wrong just
because some things do.  I will write a condensed narative of the trip as
soon as I get unpacked and clean up some 1,000 emails in my in-box.  The
wagon now has 398,181 miles on the clock.
        HubbleScope called me on the cell to check exactly where I was as
I came into town (about 25 miles out).  Then he called me again a couple
minutes later.  Next thing I know he is coming up behind me to escort me
the final miles home with Alice.  Feels good to be home.