<VV> E-85 - price? & where do you want your $'s to go?

werp knarly werpknarly at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 21 20:31:24 EDT 2005

corvair content: what jets do i need????

dino gas ~ 111,000 btu/gal
e85 ~ 81,000 btu/gal

or about 72% of the energy,

so... $2.00/gal e85 / 72% = $2.72 / gal dino gas.

my local pump says 2.69 for 10% ethanol. id say they have the e 85 priced
just about right.

as for driving 100 miles, at 20 mpg, that's 5 gal of gas. so at most it may
or may not cost a few cents more. and for me im lucky if i get 2 tank fulls
run thru my corvair in a year.

for me it comes down to were my energy comes from, and where my $'s go...

 the quick sands of the mid east or the prairie of the mid west

if anyone brings up gov. subsidies for corn, seems like i remember bush
asking for $85billion for the iraq war this year alone, bin laden used our
troupes bases in the muslin holy land, saudi arabia, as an excuse to raise
converts and to attack us, it was very wrong but how would the west react to
muslim troupes in the vatican city?

weeuuuu.. that's was way to long on the soap box,, your turn!!!

Thanks!

Joe "thirsty for some home brew" brown