Does it make sense? Re: <VV> E-85 LONG - future?

werp knarly werpknarly at centurytel.net
Mon Aug 22 10:19:08 EDT 2005

fred,

i think those of us who want to switch are looking at making a purpose built
vehicle for driving around town or short trips

sometimes its not about today, but tomorrow, which signs point to it coming
sooner than we think,

and pollution is a problem either way, the CO2 from ethanol comes from the
biomaterial used in production which in turn takes it from the air

check my post with the link to converting dodge dart to run on alcohol, lost
about 80% of the fuel economy on 100 ethanol, no change in compression
needed, but i bet it would run better if he did

current US e85 vehicles don't change compression ratios, but that turbo idea
looks great! love the HP increase

again its not corrosive, its a solvent, like gasoline, but more so and
cleaner, its what's in all those little bottles of "gas line anti-freeze",
the "gunk" that ethanol get out of a car's fuel system is what's left behind
by years of using gasoline.

the problem is older rubber seals used in the 60's and maybe into the 70's
replacement seals and rubber should be fine, maybe replace hoses with "fuel
line" instead of "gas line" a mistake you never want to make when working
with diesel.

Thanks!

Joe, Lisa, Teegan, and Mina