<VV> OT waterpumpers

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Aug 23 09:05:16 EDT 2005

>So tell me, How did you re-program the mixture control solenoid, and the
>Idle speed control sensor to change idle speed and fuel/air mixtures to
>respond at a temperature lower than the 192 that is programmed into the
>prom and the engine control computer by the factory??

Didn't need to, A/F maps for my cars are flat for anything over 176F (80C)
and below 219F (104C) and BTW there is no mixture control solenoid,
injectors are pulse width modulated - same as the afterburner in an F-16.

I did adjust the warm idle speed up from 625 to 700 rpm (10%) for a little
better a/c performance at a stoplight. Does that count ?

Padgett

ps GM cars prior to OBD-II which has flash memory used UV-PROMs mostly
27C256s, all you need are some adapters for the MemCal connector, a UV
eraser ($50) and a PROM Programmer ($150). Fiero used plain DIPs and is
even easier. If someone is really interested, contact me offline and I can
provide some links.