<VV> Westach CHT guages

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 23 17:45:34 EDT 2005

If it's like most of the TC gauges for cars, it won't make any difference.
The temperature read on the gauge is the difference between the TC temp and
the temp where the TC wires connect to copper, plus whatever temperature the
manufacturer assumed for that point.  (In the case of my VDO guage, that's
65 degrees, probably intended as 70)

That's why the TC gauges read the same head temps in winter as in summer,
you're really only measuring the rise across the engine.

Roger

PS:  You'll get more accurate/repeatable temps if you keep that TC wire to
copper wire connection point in an area close to ambient temp.