<VV> What *could* be damaged by reversing the battery?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 19:33:58 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/23/2005 5:58:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tonyu at roava.net writes:
<<You shouldn't need to deal with the HLPT, which isn't inline with
anything that could cause a huge current drain from a
backwards-installed battery.  >>

Tony,
The wire to it is toast... the wire that goes from the + cable to the HLPT
was a fusable link... I'll bring a spare alternator anyways... and I think I
have a spare pertronix laying around (hadn't stuck it in the 64 because the
points are working just fine, so why mess with it...)... the radio is an
aftermarket radio... which is a shame... but the original lighter is still there. It
looks like someone had this thing apart but either didn't know you could get
upholstery parts or were to doggone cheap to get them... lots of extra stitching
in the seats where someone tried to restitch some parts... way more trouble
than I would consider doing.
No problems with the coil, ya think? VR?
I just want to get it and get it home... may have some stale gas... and the
tags expired in May '03...
Thanks!
Lonzo