<VV> What *could* be damaged by reversing the battery?

Jim Houston tampatexan at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 10:16:11 EDT 2005

On any DC motor, if you reverse both the field and armature, it rotates
the same direction (I think it works that way)..  Same with the heater
motor, wiper motor, etc....

I had a 1951 Chevy that I converted from 6volts to 12volts.. never
changed the starter..  you're right, it would spin like crazy!!  I
figured I would replace it when it burned out, but it never did..

Jim