<VV> "fleas" at Pa Corvair days

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Wed Aug 24 20:53:53 EDT 2005

At 12:36 hours 08/24/2005, NicolCS at aol.com wrote:

>May I suggest that you look for Oldsmobile "rally" wheels?  There's  nowhere
>near the interest in these compared to Chevy rally wheels, they are very
>attractive, and CHEAP!   I have purchased several sets, with trim  rings and
>center caps for $40.  I run 205/60/14s. Sandblast and paint
>to  match or accent
>your car.  Chevy Camaro IROC wheels are also quite  available (and
>cheap), but
>they are 15"  205-60-15 is a good size  for those wheels.
>Craig Nicol

If you're lucky, you might come across a set of the late '60s 14x8"
Olds 442 wheels that will mount a 265R60 tire without puckering the
sidewalls... if you're into wheels that wide.    Let it be known that
the 8" Olds rallys aren't all that light.   That's unsprung
weight.   But you can hang a pretty wide tire on them.    Got a set
on  the '65 ragtop.

tony..