<VV> new "TransVair" owner question

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 10:44:27 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/23/2005 1:57:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
UltraMonzaWest at aol.com writes:
NOT SPARKPLUGS!!!   they are the same as AirCooled VolksWagens
Matt,
Some of the older 60s Corvettes that had the aluminum heads used an AC
"444FF" performance spark plug that was marketed in the late 60s/early 70s... it is
the same as the 44FF except I believe the electrode is made of something
different... the plugs are easily identified by the black stripes and by the racing
checkered flags on the plug. The box is also a black & white checkered flag
pattern with the red AC circle.
I think I have 8 or 12 of those plugs left... I sold a set on eBay several
(5?) years ago to a fellow Corvair owner for $30 or so, if I remember right.
Later,
Lonzo