<VV> Back home from the South West

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Thu Aug 25 12:07:50 EDT 2005

We just got back yesterday from our trip to the US. Our trip took us
through Nevada, California and Arizona. Almost 4000 miles with rented
car and RV. Fuel prices may not be so high as in Europe but the fuel-
consumption of that RV is incredible. We had days it took over $100
to fill it up again, and it wasn't even empty! But it was a beautiful
trip and we've enjoyed it very much. From the cities on the coast of
California to the Grand Canyon in Arizona and of course Las Vegas.

We met Bob Helt and his wife Dolores and I had a change to go to a
meeting of the Vegas Vairs. Nice folks and a very relaxed and
humorous meeting. The meeting was run by president Vic Howard and I
spoke to several others but I hope you forgive me that I cant'
remember al your names! We kind of underestimated the time it would
take to see Vegas and we would like to visit it again some day. Maybe
then there is a chance to meet again. Otherwise there's always e-mail
of course. Thanks for the club magazine and the sticker. I'll add
them to my small Corvair archive.

I was surprised to see so little Corvairs on the road. Saw a EM
travelling south on highway 101 on a trailer the 5th. Near San Luis
Obispo I think. An EM in a driveway in Pismo Beach. The last one was
in a Historic Route 66 parade in Williams, Az . Talked to the owner
but he's not a member of any Corvair club and I don't think he's on
VV either. Sound familiar to anyone?

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Convertible Turbocharged