<VV> Wheels (again)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 23:12:38 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/25/2005 5:47:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
louis at suffolknet.org writes:

I've  done a search and know the tire sizes and whatnot, but if I go
to  the junkyard, what would be the latest model car that would have
14"  steel rims that could go on a late model?  I'd like to not look
like I have two heads when I ask for a 14" steel rim, 5 bolt 4 3/4
circle.

Chevy changed from 15" wheels to 14" wheels in 1957.  All 57-72  Chevy full
size cars with 14" wheels will fit. They rarely got wider than 6" -  but there
are 7" ones around. (The full size Buick/Olds/Pontiac/Cadillac,  and 73-up
Chevy full size, used a 5 on 5" pattern - these won't  fit) All
Chevelle/malibu/tempest/cutlass/etc wheels from 1964-72 (and  mostly, beyond) all
Camaro/Firebird wheels. All 5-lug Chevy II - Nova/ and BOP  equals. In other words - you
will have a tougher time finding a GM wheel that  won't fit!  Stay away from
Front Wheel Drivers!

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer at aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette