<VV> Tail light sockets

Chris C, Warwick RI ricorvair at cox.net
Fri Aug 26 09:43:21 EDT 2005

I finally got tired of re-seating the taillights on my wifes 63.  Very loose.

Had a set of modern replacement sockets from the local discount outlet.

Drilled out the old socket.  Then matched the new socket up to a drill
bit.  Fastened the fixture to a piece of wood and drilled the metal out to
the right size. Trimmed out the 3 notches.  Crimped in the wire connections
(already had a ground wire from a previous attempt to make more
reliable).  Wrapped with good electrical tape.

Now I have a really bright turn/tail light and one that is about 1/2 as
bright.  Guess I will have to do the other side now.  The same size whole
fit a dodge style plug with the 3 notches and a plug in light and a mid
80's GM socket.  Used the GM socket (no longer had the package, so I can
not provide a number).

Total time contemplating...hours.

Time to complete, 1/2.

Gas used...none.