<VV> Poor gas mileage

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Fri Aug 26 13:50:04 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/25/2005 9:30:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mioanes at woh.rr.com writes:

> The price of gas mostly motivates me to get better mileage out of my
> Corvair, possibly to the point of building/buying another motor.
>
> Mike Ioanes

**

What is your actual  Distributor curve?  You did check?

Initial timing  =          BTDC

Mechanical Advance starts at =        rpm

Total Mechanical Adv. =       degrees   at          rpm

Vacume Adv.  starts to pull in at        inches of Mercury

Total Vacume Adv. =       degrees   at          inches of Mercury

I'll  bet this is your biggest problem.

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug