<VV> early spyder wiring

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:51:06 EDT 2005

I have a '63 Spyder in which the engine compartment wiring has been
messed up a little. I've got the car running, starter works, head temp
works, buzzer and ididot lights work, etc. What doesn't work is the
tach. Which wires need to be connected? It looks like the junction box
forward to the dash wiring is untouched, so I think it is probably OK.
What I need to know is, if I connect a wire at the coil, where does it
connect to at the junction block? Pictures would help as well, but a
good description will work. I have a shop manual, but I don't know how
to read the color codes for the wires - and some of the engine
compartment wiring has been replaced with "generic" colored wiring (
red and black, and that doesn't mean red is + and black is - ).

Lonny