<VV> Vacuum Gauge economy

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Aug 28 12:19:23 EDT 2005

My 1985 VW Golf had an upshift light in the dash that worked like this.  It would tell you when you should upshift for max mpg.  It was quite annoying and was quickly ignored.  It would have been very difficult to drive in such a way as to keep the light off.

It was the only thing I didn't like about that car.

mike

I seem to recall cars of the past which had installed
Motor Meter gauges, essentially vacuum gauges, which
were calibrated into several zones -- idle, economy,
yellow, wasteful, great economy, or someshuch. People
who drove by them religiously religiously reported
fantastic gas mileage.

<snip>

Arjay Morgan
64 Monza convert, powerglide in damp Florida MSL 93
feet.