<VV> Re: Rear Suspension Problem... Help

Rex Chivers rchivers at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Aug 28 20:36:13 EDT 2005

Thanks to all that have replied, the gist of the replys would make it seem
that I have been way under torqueing the nut.  It appears that the nut and
bolt are reasonably new, as the PO had pretty well gone through all of the
supension, replacing many old parts with new ones.

I will jack it up tomorrow and give it the old heave ho <g> The spec that I
have been given is 75 to 90 ft lbs, I have to admit I was at about half of
that.  Will let you know how it works out.

Thanks again to all that replied ...

btw since I omitted the information earlier it is a 65 convertable, 95 hp
pg...

<I have a problem with the drivers rear tire alignment.  I have adjusted it
<repeatedly and one trip around the block it makes a loud poping noise and
<tips in at the top of the wheel.

Any ideas would be appreciated
    Rex

Message: 7