<VV> Location, Location, Location

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Aug 29 09:34:02 EDT 2005

>Also Padgett seems to forget that the very first of 3 Hurricanes that we
>got zapped with last year came right through Orlando, even though it had
>calmed down some by the time it got there.

No I remember Charley but what people forget is just how big Florida is my
home is on the far west side of Orlando and the storm went through the far
east side, think the edge of the eye came within about 20 miles of our
house but was a rather compact storm. We lost some foliage but since we had
out roof replaced a couple of years ago  with nails rather than staples it
came through fine.

Doesn't say the next one wouldn't come right over our house but probability
is slim.

As to heat, I grew up in south Florida before a/c was common (took a lot of
showers and often went to bed wet). Of course on the coast the temperature
rarely got out of the 80s. Does get up in the mid-90s commonly here from 15
June to 15 September. Do tolerate heat a lot better than cold but are about
eight hours a day in the summer when I do not want to be out in the garage.
That leaves 16.

Padgett