<VV> differential questions

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Mon Aug 29 20:18:04 EDT 2005

Ken Hand drills a hole in the pinion shaft so I suggest you contact him at
vairmech at aol.com.

The in and out movement of the yokes is probably ok for the street and some
say due to loading characteristics on the suspension, won't affect much.
For precise work, you can make a shim to tighten them up a bit. The nuts are
hard to come by and I doubt they have worn much. IMHO, it is the wearing of
the cross shaft in the carrier that holds the spider gears. If you think
about it, there has to be some slop or clearance in there. If you are using
a four spider block in the carrier center, then you may have to grind the
nut for clearance.

Again, I wouldn't worry about it unless you really think it is excessive.

Chuck S
YS73