<VV> JACKING POINTS/Mount failure

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 30 12:41:16 EDT 2005

Hank,

The motor mount failures that come to my mind can (many anyway) be traced to
jacking on the skid plate area.  Your method may be spreading the load
enough to avoid the problem.  I'm just not willing to test it myself.  I
doubt that the length of time so supported has a great deal to do with the
(potential) adverse results.  The rear of the car pretty much weighs the
same whether supported for 5 minutes, 5 days, 5 weeks - well you get the
point.

Other failures, AFAIK, were simply the result of old age (of the rubber
components).

Later, JR