<VV> re;JACKING POINTS

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 14:42:34 EDT 2005

...I stand corrected,but...as i've never had a rear mount fail on me--all used ones--and pulling several out/in like that,how could i have been so lucky?mabe 'ultra' parts are better than 'new' ones?...anyhow,as per the better advice, I won't push my luck anymore,unless i figure on replacing the bad mount anyhow...however it's done,do it SAFELY...humbly yours,Tom Z

kaczmarek at charter.net wrote:
Bill et.al

Thanks for bringing that up. Just got one in from Corvair Ranch that was less than a year old, and lifting the rear of the vehicle (LM) by the motor mount(IMO) was the cause of the failure.

Since we don't care to get into a urinating competetion with the owner or the repair shop, we replaced the mount at no charge. They just handed the thing to me, which is now SOP with any Corvair part @ Steele these days. OK by me.

However, we DO send out with any mount that we send directly to a repair shop or private owner (don't know about the vendors) a full size sheet of paper, showing a Corvair LM (partial cutaway of the interior view), with a floor jack under the rear of the vehicle where the mount is, and a large circle with slash through the whole thing... with an explanation NOT to do this.

Hank