<VV> Jacking Points or stands

Philip Alotis alotis at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 00:40:22 EDT 2005

Man I could NOT BELIEVE ANYONE would put a jack under the
Differential or bellhousing to lift the WHOLE BACK END OF THE CAR!

Astonishing!  And then they actually defended it by saying they had no
bad experiences.

I actually screamed out loud when I read it.

Here's your chance to scream at me.

I have used a 2 foot length of rough cut 2x4 lumber (full 2'' x full 4")
under the rocker Outside the seam and raised both wheels on one side many times.

I put Two lag bolts into the edge of the board with a 1/2" piece of small pipe under
one LARGE washer on each bolt.  The pipe leaves a space between the big washer
and the edge of the board.  The big washer hooks inside the seam that hangs down
under the rocker so the board cant slip out.  the floor jack goes under the board.
Then I can put in the stands two at a time where they belong.

A piece of carpet glued to the top of the board is a soft touch for cars with fancy paint.

Still in shock, your friend,

Overkill Phil