<VV> Front End Alignment Problem

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Fri Dec 2 10:43:27 EST 2005

Smitty Says:  Don't ever forget that the front axles (crossmembers) of all Corvairs and the rears of Earlies are Assemblies welded up of sheet metal.  They can and do get bent making alignment adjustments impossible sometimes.  Most can be checked with a small wire (because it won't stretch)  measuring from a point on the body to a point on the member and comparing that to the same points on the other side.  Take "X" comparisons also.  I have had at least two that required frame shop attention.  It is not awfully expensive or complicated to fix usually.  I have to repeat the name "frame shop" because most alignment shops are not equipped to do the work