<VV> EUM and rust

SPYDER62 at aol.com SPYDER62 at aol.com
Fri Dec 2 23:34:15 EST 2005

Hi all
 Just a note the rust Hank found on the EUM was not there when car was
shipped.
A thing to remember on getting a clean car from the southwest is that all
the rubber WILL BE SHOT and sand and dust will be every were, the car will  need
to be stored inside until it is painted. Case in point is I have a Turbo
Corsa I got from Mark a year and a half ago and it was rust free when I went to
Phoenix to drive it home. First thing I did was clean out all the sand and
dust  from the doors and rockers, but did forget to pull the windshield and
backlite trim. This winter I started to drive it to work and leaving it outside
at night, well two weeks ago my feet started to get wet and the next day had an
 inch of water in the floor. Guess were it had started to rust, and this is
on a  car that sat inside most of the time. So do take the time to clean all
the  southwest sand and dust from under all the trim or it will rust fast. I
know the  EUM sat outside for a few years after it was shipped and had no paint
on it  other then what was left after being sun baked for years, when I saw it,
it had  a nice covering of surface rust.
Oh, the Turbo is the same one that had 2 drivers and went thru 2 tanks of
gas at the Portland time trials.
rich